If you want to read more about snowboard boots, you have come to the right place. Snowboard boots start to smell because of the bacteria that grows due to cold and damp. But don’t worry, there is a way to get rid of the bacteria and bad smell. Proper cleaning is required for this purpose. Here is what you have to do:
Clean the boots
- Take out the liners and let them dry. Now fill a bucket with warm water, add a cup of white vinegar and some detergent. Soak the liners in this mixture for about 30 minutes. You can use the same solution to clean the exterior of the boots with a sponge.
- After 30 minutes, rinse the liners with clean water.
- Place the liners on a towel in a warm room for drying.
Dealing with the bacteria
Majority of the bacteria goes away with cleaning the liners along with the odor. But that does not mean the bacteria will not come again. Of course, you are going to use the boots again and the same cycle of bacteria will continue. A good thing is that you can prevent bacteria from coming back again. Here is what you have to do:
- Spray some odor spray in the liners. You can use the office leaning supplies for this purpose.
- Take an old pair of socks and fill them with some coffee and baking soda. A pouch like thing will be formed and you can place each one in each pair of boots. Always place these DIY inserts in the boots when they are not in use.
Do not forget to dry your boots well after each use. If they are dry, the bacteria will not form in the first place. However, you are still recommended to clean the liners once the snowboarding season is over.